Thank you for your Generosity with Operation Rice Bowl 2014
I just wanted to give an up date on Operation Rice Bowl which we began during Lent in the parish and religious education program. Operation Rice Bowl, which is run by Catholic Relief Services is a way to put the sacrifices that we make during the Lenten season to work for the benefit of others. This year as a parish family, we raised over $1,300, which was double the amount that we raised in 2013. I want to thank everyone who contributed with donations and prayers to this effort to end hunger in the world.
I especially want to thank Adrianna Quinn and the 3rd Grade Brownie Troop 20219 at Yanticaw School who helped to raise over $200 towards Operation Rice Bowl.
Where does the money go?
CRS Rice Bowl supports hunger and poverty alleviation efforts in communities around the world, as well as in your own local community.
25 percent of your donations go to hunger and poverty alleviation efforts in your own community.
- Agriculture projects help farmers improve harvests
- Water and sanitation projects bring clean water to communities
- Microfinance projects support small businesses
- Mother and child health projects offer health and nutrition services
- Education projects provide resources and training