I can not believe that this week is our 8th week of classes already. Time is flying by and it has been amazing to see how our students have been growing in knowledge. At last count, we are blessed to have 430 students in our Religious Education program in Grades K-8. We have 35 wonderful catechists and 16 youth aides, who are sharing of their time and talent to help the children of our parish to grow in knowledge and to grow in God's love.
Our Confirmation Program is also in full swing. Our 53 Candidates, will meet twice a month on Thursday evenings to better understand more about the Holy Spirit and how they are called to be disciples of Christ in today's world.
We ask that you pray for the Holy Spirit to be with all of our students, parents and catechists, that they may be open to where the spirit of God may lead them and that they will open their hearts to receive the peace, joy and love that Jesus has to offer each of us.
Some highlights of October include:
- 14 students attending our 1st Children's Choir meeting and rehearsal
- Children's Liturgy of the Word is growing each week as more and more young people join us to hear God's Word
- Our Family Gathering Event, where more than 50 children and their families attended and made over 70 autumn wreaths for the senior residents of Nutley
- Our 2nd Grade students going on a field trip to see our church and chapel and to learn more about what happens at Mass
- Our Confirmation Rite of Welcoming Mass on Sunday, October 26, where each candidate received their own Bible, signifying that they are ready and open to receive God’s Word and to share the Good News with the world.
Coming up in the next few weeks:
No Religious Education Classes on Tuesday, November 4. We will be closed for Election Day.
Please pray for our leaders that they may turn to the Holy Spirit for guidance as they do their best to work for a more peaceful world.
Confirmation Class on Thursday, November 13th and Thursday November 20th from 7:00-8:30pm.
Family Gathering Event on Sunday, November 16 following the 10:30am Mass
We will create Thanksgiving Day cards for the homebound members of our parish and for the senior residents of the town. We will have treats for all to enjoy.