Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Summer Days....

I love summer. There is no getting around it. To me, summertime is the time of year when I have the opportunity to recharge, rejuvenate, and rekindle.  It is a chance for me to spend time with family and friends and God. My summers always included a trip down to Wildwood, NJ. My family and I have been going there since I was a baby and now I am blessed to continue that tradition with my wife and both of our families.  There are always so many new memories made, laughs shared and time spent together that it makes the summer go by too fast. 
The shore is also a place where I really encounter the presence of God. The joy and love that I share with my family and friends is a reminder of the same love God offers me each day.  At the beach, I encounter God in the vastness and power of the ocean and despite all of that, it can provide calmness and peacefulness. Now anyone who has been to the shore in the summer knows that it may be difficult to find quietness at the beach with hundreds of people surrounding you, seagulls on the hunt for food, and the sounds of the boardwalk and other amusements around, but somehow God knows how to speak to me through all of it. In the wonderful colors of the sunrises and sunsets, in the calmness and strength of the ocean, and in the countless stars that can be seen at night, I can hear God's voice in my heart. It is a reminder to me that God, the Creator and our Father is behind it all. All I need to do is "be still and listen."
So while the summer may be fading into a new school year, I am ready for all the excitement that comes with it. I hope you too had the opportunity to recharge, relax, and rejuvenate your soul. I look forward to a new year of deepening our faith and building a relationship with the God who loves us. I hope you enjoy seeing some of my highlights from this summer and I'd love to hear about some of your favorite memories and moments.

Taking part in the Blessing of the Sea 
on the Feast of the Assumption of Mary.
Family dinners at the Crab House.



Watching my goddaughter play in the sand. 




Taking in a few games at Yankees Stadium
 during Derek Jeter's final season

Playing golf with my father-in-law and friends.