Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Meet Kristen, our new Ministry Assistant

Hello, my name is Kristen Gawlik and I am the new Ministry Assistant here at St. Mary’s.  I will be helping out in the various ministries throughout the parish, including Religious Education, RCIA, Youth Ministry, and the Children’s Liturgy of the Word.  
I’m from Closter, New Jersey and attended St. Joseph’s Grammar School in Oradell, where I also attended the high school youth group.  After graduating from the Academy of the Holy Angels, I attended Franciscan University of Steubenville, where I studied Theology and Catechetics for two years (and had a lot of fun playing intramural flag football on the side).  
I have been studying to be a Salesian Sister of Saint John Bosco since August 2012 and hope to one day dedicate my entire life to serving Jesus and His Church, especially the young people.  
I'm a huge Yankee fan, I love music and have a particular love for playing the guitar and learning new instruments.  I am very excited to be here, and I look forward to meeting you all!